I am one of Britain’s leading nature writers, broadcasters and wildlife television producers. A lifelong naturalist, I am passionate about communicating the wonders of the natural world to the widest possible audience.
My special areas of knowledge include British wildlife; birds and climate change; the social history of wildlife-watching; getting children back in touch with nature; and UK environmental issues.
- Original producer of BAFTA award-winning series Springwatch
- Have worked with David Attenborough, Bill Oddie, Alan Titchmarsh, Chris Packham, Kate Humble, Simon King, Charlie Dimmock and Michaela Strachan
- Author of many books and articles on British birds and wildlife
- Write monthly Birdwatch column for the Guardian
- Present peak-time BBC Radio 4 series, including A Guide to Farmland Birds
- President of Somerset Wildlife Trust
- Honorary Professor at Nottingham University Business School
- Course Leader and Lecturer, MA in Travel & Nature Writing, Bath Spa University http://www.bathspa.ac.uk/schools/humanities-and-cultural-industries/courses/postgraduate/ma-travel-and-nature-writing